A question that always comes up when I tell people that I photograph weddings, is:
“Do you enjoy it?”
The short answer is YES. I enjoy it a lot.
I know it’s hard work, long hours on my feet, running around and always alert on what’s going on. It’s a huge responsibility as well, and the work doesn’t end on the wedding date, it’s actually the beginning. After that, long hours editing follow until delivery date, trying to manage time with other areas of the business.
So after a bit of self analysis, I came up with the top 5 reasons why I enjoy photographing weddings:
1. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime event (for most people)
2. Everybody’s happy (most of the time)
3. Everybody is looking their best (or at least they try)
4. Images captured during the wedding will be treasured and enjoyed by several generations (if the couple actually gets an album)
5. It’s an opportunity to become part of a family for a day (and laugh together at the speeches).
Is it fun or not!?